Inspiration came over me the other day when I was in the mood for tacos, but decided to create a lighter, yet filling, meal. The result was a flavorful combination of some of my favorite produce items with a southwestern flair.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly and simply amazing! Enjoy.
Southwestern Portobello Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
2 large Portobello mushrooms
¾ cup cooked corn
1 large tomato
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. cumin
Salt to taste
Lettuce of choice for wraps: Green leaf, Iceberg or Butter lettuce works best
- Dice Portobello mushroom, avocado and tomato.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms garlic and cumin to pan and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn and cook another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in avocado and lime juice. Season with salt.
- Divide among the lettuce leaves for a delicious meal.
Servings: 6 lettuce wraps